This pumpkin bread has been a hit year after year! It’s easy and absolutely delicious! Makes a great hostess gift or gift for your neighbors. Last year I made several loaves in these decorative pans, and wrapped each in a cellophane bag with Baker’s twine ribbon and a cute tag, and delivered to each of our neighbors. We also serve this, along with an egg casserole, every Christmas morning. Oh how it makes the house smell like the MOST WONDERFUL time of the year!!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Makes 2 loaves
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 115 oz. can pure pumpkin
These bread pans change the game! Your Pumpkin Bread will not only be tasty but also an eye-catching staple of your dinner spread.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Generously grease (2) 8×4 inch loaf pans, and dust with flour. It’s important, if decorative pan like shown here….to really grease and flour the crevices
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until combined, set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium until just blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Continue beating until very light and fluffy…a few minutes.
- Beat in the pumpkin. The mixture may look grainy at this point, but that’s okay.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly.
- Bake 40-45—minutes. Let loaves cool in pan for approximately 20 minutes, then loosen and turn over carefully.
Stay connected and up to date with my latest finds by subscribing to my Newsletter!